Smart Manufacturing For a Connected World
Toronto, Canada, January 26, 2018 – ReMAP is pleased to announce a funding opportunity open to the entire Canadian manufacturing community. The ReMAP 2.0 Call for Proposals by Expression of Interest seeks out industry leaders in Canada to work in collaboration with research partners to develop later-stage innovation projects. New projects will enhance Canada’s competitive advantage, create new highly-skilled jobs, and develop export-ready products that will yield long-term economic benefit.
Projects jointly funded under the ReMAP program must demonstrate the ability to advance innovations in commercial products. Bring us your new ideas in:
- Electronification (New Materials, Photonics, RF, Packaging)
- CleanTech (Generation, Conversion, Storage)
- Smart Manufacturing (Industry4.0, IoT, M2M, Robotics, Automation Platforms, AI)
Qualified projects will meet the following criteria:
- Existence of a working prototype: Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 4+ (minimum)
- Benefit to Canada: increase HQP jobs, diverse talent pool, export revenues, and new products
- Industry funding: matching cash/in-kind contributions 1:1 per group ($1-2M over a five year period commencing Sept 2018)
Find out More
- Download the Call For Proposals Overview (.pdf )
- Reserve your spot to attend Smart Manufacturing For a Connected World (Workshop & Call For Proposals) near you.
Open Call for Proposals are by Expression of Interest.
To express your interest in joining the ReMAP2.0 Cohort, register your company, so you can download and complete the Letter of Support Template for submission to ReMAP. The application deadline is March 16th. We look forward to seeing your new ideas.
We leverage technology to business advantage. As new products are being launched at an exponential rate, the role of ReMAP is to accelerate the process of commercialization. In a world of start-ups, software applications, and disruptive technologies, hardware products are what differentiate the network; strengthening Canada’s advanced manufacturing infrastructure.
Building on foundational investments from the public and private sectors, our collaborative model enables industry and research partners to work together to form a product-enablement ecosystem that brings new ideas to market – faster.
Investments in Canadian innovations are made possible through the Government of Canada’s Business-Led Networks of Centres of Excellence Program in addition to matching funding from ReMAP industry partners.