As a strategic technology leader with over 30 years of experience in electronics, Irene has an entrepreneurial spirit and is a driving force in the future of manufacturing in Canada. Irene is a pioneer of environmentally safe, sustainable manufacturing technologies and holds a patent in high density, high performance memory circuit packaging. Irene architected the Smart Manufacturing for a Connected World framework, and regularly delivers Industry 4.0 workshops across the country to help Canadian companies advance their digital transformation. Irene is also the Founder, President & CEO of ReMAP, a $50M+ not-for-profit tech ecosystem that accelerates the commercialization of innovations developed in Canada for the global market. Irene demonstrates incredible creative vision with the ability to forge successful large-scale, cross-sector partnerships resulting in unprecedented investments in Canadian electronics and research initiatives for the healthcare, energy, telecom and aerospace sectors. Irene is a regular contributor of global manufacturing standards at international associations through several board membership and steering committee appointments. Irene is the recipient of the 2019 Professional Engineers of Ontario Medal for Management, the 2019 Stevie Awards Woman of the Year Silver Medal (Manufacturing) and was named one of Canada's 2018 Inspiring Fifty Women in STEM. Under her leadership, the ReMAP team recently won the 2019 Canadian SME Best Team award.
- 2019 Ontario Professional Engineers: Engineering Medal- Management
- 2019 Stevies Award - Silver Medal- Woman of the Year - Manufacturing
- 2019 Stevies Award - Bronze Medal All Women Executive Team - Government or Non-Profit– 10 or Less Employees
- 2019, First Recipient of Canadian SMEs Business Magazine Award for, Best Team of the Year
- Recipient of 2018 Wise 50 Over 50 Canada's Advanced Manufacturing "Entrapreneur"
- Named one of Canada’s 2018 Inspiring Fifty Canada: Women in STEM
- Patent in high density, high performance memory circuit packaging